Overall, Net Worth is down 37.59% for the month.
Monthly contribution to my personal portfolio occurred. Cash reduced. Debts decreased. One thing I want to do is reduce outgoings; to this end I’m looking over my accounts in more detail next month and also finding somewhere less expensive to rent by year end.
Cash: $9,383 (-18.78%)
Superannuation: $29,472 (-0.80%)
Investments: $4,448 (+3.29%) with $200 deposit made
Other Assets: $13,600 (-1.45%)
Total Assets: $56,904 (-4.15%)
Credit Cards : ($891) reduced 53.88%
Student Loans: ($30,790) steady
Other Liabilities: ($22,011) up 2.38%
Total Liabilities: ($53,692) down 0.98%
Net Worth: $3,212 (-37.59%)
- Cash consists of a single transaction account and specific savings accounts. I moved away from carrying cash in Q1 2015 and make 95% of my transactions electronically, for more accurate and up to date record keeping. I have a small transaction account holding around a tenth of my cash funds with the balance held in an ’emergency fund’ and a smaller account for rent savings/payments, both in modest interest bearing accounts (2-3%p.a.).
- Superannuation refers to the Government mandated retirement savings system in Australia and
- Other Assets consists of one car at market value, depreciating monthly.
- Student Loans consist of the HECS/HELP debt provided by the Australian Government, indexed to inflation. The loan repayments are based on taxable income, with repayments required from from taxable incomes of $54,126p.a. or more in 2015.
- Other Liabilities consist of two loans which are interest free and don’t require repayment until I finish my Masters degree.